Our School Aims
Nethermains Primary School
Nurturing, resilient approach to life in and out of school which encourages everyone to be part of a sharing and caring community of learners.
Pride in our school and our ability to respect all members of our school – embracing diversity – understanding that together we can make a difference to our school.
Successful young people who will be challenged through excellent learning and teaching to be successful learners, confident individuals and responsible citizens who contribute effectively to our society.
At Nethermains Primary School we value:
- Respect – Respect everyone in our community of learners.
- Excellence – Giving your best every day to become the best you can be.
- Determination – The drive and motivation to overcome both physical and emotional barriers in order to achieve your goals.
- Courage – Having the self-belief and confidence to face difficulties and challenges and to overcome them.
- Diversity – Showing respect and humility towards all those around you in the spirit of fair play.
- Friendship – Understand the importance of friendship and how to be friendly to each other despite any difference.
- Equality – To know we are all different but that we are always treated fairly.
- Equity – Giving our young people support tailored to their needs to ensure barriers to learning and participation in activities are broken down.
- Inclusion for All – Nethermains Primary School has a Communication Friendly Environment making our school inclusive for all.
The first aim therefore is to create a happy, secure, stable and caring environment in which children can develop to the full.
We aim to meet the needs of every child.
We aim to provide varied and challenging learning experiences in order to help pupils develop lively inquiring minds, to be creative and to expand their intellectual capacities.
We aim to develop a child’s independence and personal responsibility in the learning situation, so that with encouragement they become self-disciplined, well-motivated and best equipped towards fulfilling their individual potential.
We aim to provide a sound foundation in literacy, numeracy and ICT skills and to foster positive attitudes towards these areas allowing pupils to use these skills efficiently and effectively in the world of work.
We aim to provide opportunities so that children can gain a wide knowledge, experience and understanding across the curriculum. In doing so they will develop, use and apply language, mathematical and creative skills, which will enable them to gain and understand new information.
We encourage children to relate positively with others and to take responsibility for their own actions thus supporting them in life outside school.
We aim, with the leadership of the Senior Leadership Team, to provide a highly professional, caring and effective teaching staff who can bring to their teaching their knowledge and experience of the society in which we all live.
We aim to provide a support service that will support teaching and learning in school. Our Support for Learning Assistants will be deployed in the most effective manner to support our children.
At Nethermains Primary School, we know the difference that parents and carers make in the life of their child. We know when we involve parents and carers that everyone benefits from this important partnership. We aim to work alongside parents to ensure best outcomes for each and every child at Nethermains.